Tuesday, April 6, 2010

College Basketball Review

In my preview I listed a few teams this season that I thought would make noise in the tournament and have good seasons. I chose Duke, Michigan State, and Villanova.

We saw Villanova get knocked out early in the tournament and really never had a chance of getting to the final four with their sub-par play after more than 20 straight wins to start the season. They had a number of close games to average opponents paired with no size and streaky role playing resulted in an early exit for the Wildcats in the tournament.

Now I know that Michigan State was a little overrated at the start of the season, but a Big Ten title and a little tournament help and Tom Izzo was back in the Final Four for the 6th time in 12 years. That is unbelievable when you think about how difficult it is to get to Final Four's today. They had some luck when Kansas lost to Northern Iowa, but they took care of business beating Maryland, Northern Iowa and Tennessee on their road. Their schedule was not as tough as some, but they beat who they played and thats all you can do.

Duke. National Champs. Good pick I'd say...

No comments:

Post a Comment